Janice G. Nigos, MD
Dr. Nigos chose her specialty because Nephrology is a challenging field and incorporates a great deal of critical care and internal medicine knowledge to treat these complex conditions. She has particular interests in managing acute kidney injury, electrolyte abnormalities, and acid-base disorders. She likes the holistic care that The Kidney and Hypertension Center nephrologists provide to the CKD patients and their families and to continue to give a certain quality of life to those who will need dialysis.
Dr. Nigos always makes sure to spend enough time with each patient to explain their condition and management and to answer all their questions and concerns. She collaborates with other physicians to provide the best care for her patients.
In her free time, Dr. Nigos enjoys watching movies and reading. She also loves to travel and try new cuisines. She even cooks and bakes for fun.
- Internal Medicine
Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA)
St. Elizabeth Health Center (Youngstown, OH)
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay
- Memorial Medical Center (UERMMMC) Philippines
University of the Philippines Manila
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
- National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- University of the Philippines Manila
- Received the Medical Student Teacher of the Year award and Excellence in Action award during residency
- Recognized as an Active Teacher in Family Medicine Residency Program at UHC WV
- Medical Director Davita Cold Spring
- Clinical Assistant Professor, UF Division of Nephrology (01/2017-07/2018)
- National Kidney Foundation Medical Advisory Board Member (2015-2016, WV chapter)
Additional areas of clinical expertise, training, subspecialty certifications, or interests
Interest in interventional nephrology and working with medical students and residents.